If you are pregnant or trying to achieve pregnancy…
1. Minimize in-person interactions as much as possible.
2. Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you or they feel unwell.
3. Consider having supplies delivered to your home instead of running errands (supplies should be dropped off outside to ensure a 2-metre distance)
4. Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
5. Drink water often (every 20 minutes) as it washes away the virus in your throat into your stomach where the acidity kills the virus.
6. Don’t Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
7. Clean high-touch surfaces frequently with regular household cleaners or diluted bleach (1 part bleach to 9 parts water)
8. Keep a positive mindset – social media is a great way to stay connected but can cause a lot of extra stress (books, funny movies/tv, TedX, podcasts are a great way to pass the time) 9. Get accurate information about COVID-19. Some good sources include the Pan American Health Organization and WHO websites.